It has been a busy season for me! Which has meant that I have missed a couple of announcements. Let me catch you up on what's been happening the last year and a half (yikes, it has been a minute!):
- I'm halfway through my last year of grad school! I was so excited about the roles I got to play last year: Joyce/Isabella Bird/Rosemary Kidd in Top Girls, Elizabeth Proctor in The Crucible, Margaret in Silent Sky, Arkadina in Seagull, and Elinor Dashwood in Sense & Sensibility. I loved working on this diverse, strong group of women! I've got tons of new production photos on my media page for you to check out. What a blessing to be involved in productions that had such brilliant leadership and design!
- I wrote and performed my solo show, titled /ˈmem(ə)rē/. This was such an incredible experience - super challenging and rewarding and really fun. Take a look at my media page to watch the performance.
- I directed Eleemosynary by Lee Blessing. This has been highlight of grad school for me. I love directing so much, and telling this story with the amazing undergrad women I cast was the best. Also, I learned how to design lights and create a set concept - thanks in large part to my mentors, Steve Pearson and Robyn Hunt. They have been so encouraging of my "hearty artistic soul" and I'm so grateful for them.
- 2018 led me to working in Greenville, SC, which is a fantastic city. I got to do Shakespeare in the Park with the Warehouse Theatre's Upstate Shakespeare Festival (playing Paulina in The Winter's Tale). I worked with the Warehouse a second time as Stephano/Alonza in the touring production of The Tempest in the fall. I learned so much from that experience and got to work with some of the most hilarious, brilliant, talented women in the south! I'm thrilled to head back to Greenville this spring to Assistant Direct Cry It Out.
- Here in Columbia, SC I've connected with Trustus Theater to play Siobhan in their upcoming production of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, opening Jan 18th. This company has been on my radar for a while because of their commitment to telling contemporary stories in really exciting ways, so I'm over the moon to work with them.
- I signed my first agent contract with JTA Talent Inc out of Charlotte, NC last summer and have been working on my film/TV auditioning skills. Hoping to book a commercial soon!
- I filmed my first lead role in a short horror film called No Good Deed! Acting for film is so different than what I'm used to, but I really enjoy it and am looking forward to my next project in front of the camera.
2019 is bringing more projects, more experiences to learn from, and more #workingtogetwork! Keep checking back for more updates and don't forget to sign up for email alerts about my upcoming projects!